amuse bouche

snap, crackle and pop of tasty delights

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

car spills


i did not pray to the monkey gods on sunday and got involved in a car accident in the north fork area of long island. my friend, a novice driver, 2 friends and i got involved in a 3-car-crash. we were in an suv which turned into an uvs in the end. i was the only one without a seat-belt, therefore i got teleported from the back right passenger seat to the front driver side. hit my head several times and crushed my toes. i think most of my freckles fell off upon impact. the girl in the front passenger seat bruised her knees. we were lucky to walk away from the scene. in the car that hit us, the driver and passenger ended up bloodied, but fine. what a day. in the end i think the most trauma i went through was having to wake up at 6am. i must say, i feel like i have street cred now. i got to ride in an ambulance and had a gaggle of firemen lifting me up and putting me in a stretcher. i didn't even have to lie back and think of my motherland when i looked up to see all these men looking down at me after strapping me in. mmm, i think i will get myself a fireman calendar for 2007.

still as dizzy as a schoolgirl meeting justin timberlake days later. trying not to read into things too much post-accident--misssssssssssspellings, dropping items, irrational decisions to purchase monkey suits. ooo, but those monkey suits...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home